Choose a Board Certified Orthodontist
Being a board certified orthodontist is a prestigious designation that is achieved by less than half of all practicing orthodontists.
Dr. Crews is a Board Certified Orthodontist
Dr. Imleda Crews is board certified with the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO). Being a board-certified orthodontist is a prestigious designation achieved by less than half of all practicing orthodontists. As a member of this exclusive category of orthodontic providers, Dr. Crews voluntarily chose to expand her specialty and commit to lifelong learning and achievement in the field of orthodontics.
The Path to Becoming a Board Certified Orthodontist
The ABO board certification is a voluntary credential, which means any orthodontist has taken extra steps to achieve this designation. Board certification is evidence that an orthodontist is committed to lifelong learning and providing the highest level of orthodontic care.
The path to ABO board certification must occur over three stages:
- Dentist: Complete an undergraduate program, graduate from dental school (3-4 years), and pass licensing examinations.
- Orthodontist: Complete an accredited orthodontic residency program (2-3 years).
- Board Certified Orthodontist: Complete ABO written examination and ABO clinical examination. Certification renewal occurs every 10 years.
The ABO is the only orthodontic specialty board recognized by the American Dental Association (ADA) and in affiliation with the American Association of Orthodontists.
Why Choose a Board Certified Orthodontist?
A board certified orthodontist has learned the intricate details of all orthodontic matters and can deliver advanced patient care. Orthodontics, after all, is about far more than just straightening teeth.
Choose a board certified orthodontist who:
- Offers a comprehensive treatment approach
- Understands the complexity of growth and development of both teeth and jaws
- Takes the facial form into account with every case
- Designs treatment plans that address both jaw and bite, not just teeth movement
- Has worked tirelessly to excel in their specialty
- Is committed to the highest level of patient care
- Is dedicated to lifelong learning and excellence.
Dr. Crews has worked hard to earn her respected designation, and the care she promises to provide to her patients is unparalleled.
Your smile matters - entrust it to the professional who will take the best care of it.